If you’ve been following along with my Virtual Craft Nights during the Covid-19 (Corona Virus) lockdowns, you know that I have also been having one-on-one Virtual Coffees. Most of these are with friends, family, or an instagram acquaintance, but sometimes, I get to have coffee with a stranger.
And no offense to my friends, family, and IG acquaintances, but a virtual coffee with a stranger is THRILLING. All I know about these people going into our chat is their first name, email address, and time zone. Sometimes I get a last name and if I’m really lucky, they submit their instagram profile so I can do a little digging beforehand. But besides that, it’s just 2 strangers, sometimes on opposite sides of the world, taking a chance on each other.
And it has been pure magic. I have been invited into living rooms, offices, and kitchens across the United States and around the world. I’ve met pets, shared coffee (and sometimes wine), shared our joys and anxieties, and learned about just how similarly, yet extremely uniquely, we are all dealing with this.
And I thought to myself, “This is doing wonders for my sanity. I can’t be the only one who loves the thrill of meeting a stranger.” So I came up with a plan to find out if that really is true. And that is how I decided to start The Curated Stranger Project.
The first round was such a hit, it’s time for Round 2! Note: you did not have to participate in the first round to join this round.
Here’s how it will go down:
- Fill out this Survey to join The Curated Stranger Project Survey closes Friday, July 17th.
- In the week following the survey closing, you will be emailed a schedule for you to confirm specific dates and times that you are free to connect with your stranger.
- By the end of July, you will be matched up with another Stranger. You will get a date and time for your Zoom coffee, a mini-bio about your Stranger, and a few conversation starters and tips to help with any awkwardness.
- But let’s be real: it will be a little awkward. And that’s okay. Actually, it’s more than okay. We are creating a unique safe emotional experience of adventure that many of us aren’t able to access during Stay at Home orders.
- Have your coffee date! Make a new friend, share stories, and create a new quarantine memory. No strings attached to stay friends or get contact info. Just see where the friendship takes you!
Deadline to complete the survey is Friday, July 17th.
Join The Curated Stranger and let’s make some human magic.